Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 3? Only 7 weeks 4 days left to Step One

Day Three really hit me hard.  I'm tired. Oh sure, I'm little miss sunshine after 2 cups of coffee but that only really lasts until about 11 or 11:30 AM.   I just wanted to crawl under my desk with a bag of oreos and take a nap.

Honestly?  I wasn't really hungry or craving oreos. I was just tired.  It might have something to do with the insane workout I did  - nothing but cardio (sprints, leaping squats, jumping jacks, power jacks), abs, and weights (biceps, triceps, back) for 80 minutes.  Tack on the swimming I did on Monday and that could explain the fatigue.

The book did say the first three days are the worst.  I didn't believe it on Monday, thought maybe there might be some truth to it on Tuesday but on Day 3?  I believe it.  It doesn't help that I'm not taking the time to make my lunch and pack the snacks the night before so in the morning I'm rushing around like a chicken with it's head cut off.  I'm no longer little miss sunshine.  You can call me Ms. Stress Ball.

Did I mention I was also a little cranky?  Yeah.  Just a tidge.  Okay maybe a little more than a tidge but there are no headless people running about and I'm not trying to clean bone marrow out from between my teeth. So there!  I wasn't that bee-itchy. 


Thankfully I took a day break from working out though I did contemplate doing a 45-minute Power Yoga DVD. Yeah - the DVD lost the battle of the wills and instead I made dinner for us three and sat to watch a little TV before trying a new recipe.  OMG!  It's so good that I have to put it on here AND it counts as a "no carb snack".  It's FREE!!!  Oh yeah and I had my man and child taste test it.  They didn't die.  I know. It's amazing but what's more amazing is they liked it.  Here it is:

     Sweet Nut Treat
     2 TB butter
     2 cups walnut halves
     1/2 cup granulated Splenda
     1 TB vanilla extract
     2 TB ground cinnamon
     1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

     In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; when the butter is melted, add the nuts and stir and    coat with the butter.  Sprinkle with the Splenda, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and stir well to coat the nuts. Remove from the skillet, lay flat on a dish, and allow to cool.  Store in an airtight container.

I figure I'll play around with the spices and see if I can come up with different flavors and such.  It's a healthy snack, tastes good, and you don't have to eat tons of it to feel full. 

I did jones really, really bad for a smoke in the afternoon but once I was home and became busy with dinner making, man, child, pets, and all that other stuff, the thought of having a smoke left my gnat-like brain and didn't re-enter it at all.  I collapsed into bed again but read more of the book for about 5 minutes.  I'm reading about Step 2 and what I get to look forward to in 7 weeks, 4 days :)

Day Three Meals
Breakfast: 6 teeny tiny silver dollar funky ricotta cheese pancakes, sm cup of cottage cheese with cinnamon
Mid-Morning Snack: Almonds, again
Lunch: Salad with shredded chicken, olive oil/red wine vigegar, cheese stick, sugar free jello
Afternoon Snack: celery with Laughing Cow cheese
Dinner: Roast beast (no gravy or sauces) and steamed brocoli & cauliflower
Dessert: sawdust brownie muffins that are almost starting to grow on me ( NOT literally)

No comments:

Post a Comment