Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Devil made me do it....

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Deal.

Okay, so according to the author of the Metabolism Miracle, we're not supposed to weigh ourselves for at least the first month since our bodies our going through some internal changes, different eating habits, exercise regimens, etc. 

Some people apparently gain a few pounds. Some don't lose anything. Some are stupid and not really following the plan but still expecting the same results. Whatever.

I was walking by the scale yesterday as I was getting ready to leave to run said errands and something grabbed me by the ankle.  Startled I looked down and my scale had suddenly grown tentacles and was pulling me toward it.  Helpless to resist, I was forced to step on the scale.

Not wanting to see the weight, I screwed my eyes shut but a stinging slap to the ass-entials from one of the tenticles made me open my eyes. Below me glowed satanic like numbers sucking me into the abyss.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I lost 4 1/2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't believe it!  I'm not starving myself. I'm eating plenty of food and drinking lots of water. I don't feel deprived.  I'm doing my normal exercise routine that I've had for the last 8-10 years. I LOST 4 1/2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to tell my  MD that in 6 days I lost 4 1/2 pounds on this simple-ish diet and that 5 months on Phentermine did NOTHING. 

Take THAT Dr. Mr. Smarty Britches with a stethascope!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I am feeling the same things on SO many levels!

    This same 10 pounds I gain and lose over and over is just trashing my body; I have the muscle tone of tapioca pudding, and I have been SO frustrated because in fact the scale has NOT moved for over a month until yesterday, when I was 2 pounds down FINALLY after exercising for nearly a month and a half!I am finally trying to curb my eating, with little tricks and some will power. Hard for me to stay motivated though,, even with the threat of 85+ degree weather and the constant trips to the pool. I bet I'll get inspiration from you! Can't wait to read up on your blog. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know - I think there's something seriously wrong when we eat right and exercise regularly but still are attacked by the "cottage cheese" monsters. I mean, really....why do they always attack the back of the thighs and why doesn't our healthy eating/exercise keep them at bay?

    I found I can't count calories and then burn more than I intake. I usually eat less than 2000 calories and my workouts are intense. Nothing happens. I think that's why I'm trying this program because nothing else is working and miracle of miracles, this seems to do the trick.

    BTW - I'm so glad you've become a follower. I've been reading up on yours and loving it!!! It's a great way to "keep in touch" since I'm so horrible about getting on Facebook but regular on the blog :)
    Love ya back woman!!!

    ReplyDelete