Friday, April 9, 2010

Over the Hump....sort of

I couldn't believe I had made to the 4th day without cheating on the allowed foods, hiding in the closet eating any kind of sweet I could find in the house, or having a complete mental meltdown.

I woke up just fine, enjoyed my morning coffee, ate breakfast, made lunches, got everyone up, and skipped off to work. I was chipper, happy, and full of energy.  Now normally I'd blame the excessive cheerfulness on the coffee but this was a non-caffeine sunshineyness. 

The headaches were gone (partial nicotine withdrawal, partial starch withdrawal), I didn't feel sluggish, I wasn't craving anything horrible for me, and no more dark moods about being on another damn eating plan to control my weight.  It was AWESOME!!!!!!!

 I went to my boot camp class after work and had more energy than I've had during class in a long time.  It was weird for me but at the same time very cool though I drove people both at work and the gym bonkers with my cheerful peppyness.  Ya gotta love it.  Plus, it does goes with my motto from a quote by Herm Albright: "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

The only glitch was when I got home and found out that the deposit my man had made into my account was put into someone else's account. Yeah. I lost it.  I called the 24-hour hotline and said, "the idiot teller deposited my G.D. check in the wrong F*(KING account!!!!!".  Can I blame the lack of sugar and carbs?  I mean I know I'm past the 3-day ickies, but it would seem valid to me. It turns out said idiot teller posted the check to the account it was drawn from. OMG! They're really digging at the bottom of the education barrel for that one. Sorry but call me fat, irritate the snot out of me, but don't freakin' mess with my bank accounts.

Needless to say, I didn't stick with the 1/2 glass (5 oz.) of wine.  My man, upon hearing my phone conversation and knowing what my mood would be afterwards,  immediately handed me a very BIG glass of Malbec.  Yummmmm....my favorite :)

I really was alright when I hung up the phone. Mostly. So I just ate my irritation in the form of a very nuturionally balanced, non-carb dinner. Ugh. That just sounds so freaking healthy and like the slogan/poster child for Biggest Loser. Double Ugh.

Exercise: 80 minute boot camp class; focused on cardio and chest/abdominal muscle groups. Mommy!

Day 4 Meals
Breakfast: cottage cheese sprinkled lightly with cinnamon (YUMMY!), 4 sm silver dollar weird pankcakes
Snack: Sweet Nut Treat (something about that just sounds so wrong)
Lunch: Roast beast, steamed brocoli and cauliflower with melted cheese, sugar-free jello
Snack: 1g carb Chocolate protein shake
Dinner: Spinach/Romaine salad with feta cheese and shredded roast beast
Dessert: 3g carb Raspberry yogurt

1 comment:

  1. I had that happen once to my check! And then when I went back to get it fixed, the guy had the audacity to tell me it wasn't possible. When he still hadn't fixed it or called me by the next day, I was flaming FURIOUS. Called his supervisor, got it fixed immediately and got him in trouble. I think in my case, they didn't close out of the account of the guy who was before me and just deposited it into his.

    I think I dreamed about the sweet nut treat (OMG, is that really it's name???) last night. I was telling someone I was going to make it, but just didn't have the energy. Heh. Does sound good, may try it. :)

    ReplyDelete