Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week One? CHECK! Week 2? In Progress

((sigh)) I'm actually in a good mood but a stupid headache came on over the last hour. Bleh. I've had 3 cups of coffee today which would normally keep me in a relative state of zingy-ness along with the 3 billion gallons of water consumed, sending me running to the bathroom 1.432 million times today.

((sigh)) I think I know the reason and you're going to roll your eyeballs big time when you read it. So, I have naturally curly hair but about 90% of the time I straighten it but since I started swimming, I've been letting it go curly on the day I swim and the day after.  Hello!!  I don't want huge chunks of my hair to fall out due to overuse of styling tools.  My mamma didn' raise no foo!

I put barrettes in it today to keep it out of my face and like bobbypins, they tend to give me a headache because the curly hair is heavier. Ugh!  I told you it was stupid!

Diet News?  Oh yeah - that's what I'm supposed to be writing about.  Sorry. I got distracted by my own neurosis'.

Week One ended with a whimper.  I spent the weekend making multiple trips to the grocery store to get "stuff" to try more of the recipes in the back of the book and doing some major cooking and taste testing.  Sure I have a creative brain but when it comes to meal planning over the long term, I don't stand a snowball's chance in hell. 

One recipe I tried was for a breakfast "cereal" but it was really almonds and brazil nuts (chopped and processed), 1/2 c of creamer, butter, cinnamon, splenda, and something else.  It kind of tasted like a hot cereal but mostly just warm nuts ((snicker)). Warm nuts.  Bwahahahhhaha! Sorry, I have the maturity of a gnat sometimes.

The only other discovery I made was in regards to wine/alcohol.  The plan states you can have a couple glasses of wine without worry of carb repercussions; however, a half glass of wine = 5 oz.  Anywho - last night I decided to have a couple small 1/2 glasses of wine, becoming a tidge tipsy, which is really weird since it's really only 1 glass of wine. 

Stumbling to the kitchen counter I grabbed the book and looked through the section on alcohol: "During Step One, your liver, the organ that helps to clean alcohol from the bloodstream, is on temporary vacation.  While it rests, it may be a bit slower to process alcohol and as a result you will feel alcohol's effects faster and for a longer time."

Hmmmm - guess what?  IT'S TRUE!  Which means 2 things. #1 I am really going to have to watch how much I have to drink at any given time, which I do but now more than ever, especially if I want to meet a friend for a Lemon Drop or Martini after work.  I might just have to sip water or something. #2 I must be doing the diet right!!!!!

04/12/10 Exercise: 32 laps at the pool
04/12/10 Meals: does anyone really care? I don't think I do but I'll make sure to post good recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment