Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day Two - Cranky? Maybe a Tidge

Day Two dawned bright and early. I was HUNGRY!! The usual routine commenced and after beautifying myself, I made breakfast but this time I had a piece of low-carb toast with an olive oil butter spread.  Yum!  Monday night I found the Sara Lee bread at Carrs-Safeway and it met the requirements. 

The rest of the day was okay, I guess.  I was a little grouchy, a little tired, and wanting jelly beans or better yet the cupcakes sitting on the filing cabinet in AP.  But I contented myself with just sniffing the cupcakes, getting all the sugar fumes second hand. 

Gawd, I'm pathetic. The rest of the day was normal and not much different than the day before.  Yup. Still tons of peeing.  It got to the point I thought my back teeth were floating. Thank God the bathroom isn't too far from my office or I'd be in a world of hurt.  Of course of colostomy (sp?) bag would makes things so much simpler but that would be icky and rather lazy of me. 

I pushed eating my afternoon snack to 4:30 so I'd have something in my stomach for my 5:30 boot camp class.  I've been taking the class for years and I needed sustenance to get through the class or it was going to kill me.  Yeah. It did and I was so tired when I got home.  I just wanted to collapse into bed but instead I made myself dinner and curled on the couch with my man's daughter (I'm her F.A.F.U-female authority figure unit) to watch "Life" on the Discovery channel.  Hey! She's 12 and there isn't going to be much cuddle time in the years to come. I'm taking every precious moment I can.

Did I mention the book had a recipe for Chocolate Brownie Muffins?  Yeah.  I made those after the child went to bed.  Umm....they were....interesting.  Kind of bland and tasted a little weird.  Thankfully the author said we could add a teeny tiny eentsy bit of light whipping cream. Thank GOD!!!  I mean, yay! I got to have chocolate!!! (was that convincing enough?)

Day Two wasn't bad but I'm still adjusting and the boot camp class really did me in. I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Day Two Meals
Breakfast: egg beaters with mushrooms, peppers, onion, melted cheese; 1 pc low-carb bread
Mid-Morning Snack: Almonds
Lunch: turkey wrap (same as day 1), cheese stick, sugar free jello
Afternoon snack: celery with peanut butter
Dinner: salad (romaine, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, onions) with shredded chicken, oil/vinegar dressing
Dessert: sawdust brownie muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment